Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Statement of information consent order in relation to

Customer Question

Statement of information for a consent order in relation to a financial remedy
My wife and I have singed the above subject to including the pension sharing recommendation from actuaries. The actuaries have reported but I am not satisfied with their calculations. I wan't to place the financial settlement before the court to determine. How do I go about this?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. The consent order is to reflect what has been agreed by you and your wife - this is settled outside of court and it is not for the judge to decide what to award each party. The consent order (ie. the financial agreement) will go before a judge together with the financial information sheet (D81) and the judge will assess whether the financial settlement is fair.What is it about the actuary recommendation that you do not agree? Have you discussed this with your wife?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.