75100385

I recently had a franchise company who did childrens

Customer Question

Hi i recently had a franchise for a company who did childrens music and movement classes, i left the franchise and had these rules as part of my contract 20.9.1 for a period of one year be engaged, concerned or interested in any other business similar to the Business within the Territory;
20.9.2 for a period of one year be engaged, concerned or interested in any other business similar to the Business from or at any Venue;
20.9.3 for a period of one year be engaged, concerned or interested in any business which is similar to the Business and which competes with our business or the business of any of our franchisees within any territory designated by us to any of our franchisees or within a radius of ten miles of any venue from which we operate the Business;
20.9.4 for a period of one year, in connection with any business which is or may in our reasonable opinion be similar to or competitive or in conflict with the Business, employ or seek to employ any person who is at that time or has at any time in the previous twelve month period been employed by Your Business or by any member of the Jiggy Wrigglers Network nor otherwise directly or indirectly induce or seek to induce any such person to leave his employment;
20.9.5 for a period of one year, in connection with any business which is or may in our reasonable opinion be similar to or competitive with the Business, solicit any person who is or has in the previous twelve month period been a Parent of or supplier to or otherwise in the habit of dealing with Your Business, nor divert or seek to divert any custom from us or from any other member of the Jiggy Wrigglers Network.
I have been recently doing cakes and childrens cake decorating could you tell me if this is a business that is in competiton as they are trying to tell me it is and would it also affect me if i want to do childminding. Many thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. What is it you would like to know please? Alex