ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I have a daughter who is under two years of age and lives 160

I have a daughter who is under two years of age and lives 160 miles away. I used to collect her every two weeks for weekends at my home but now my ex-partner has reduced that to once a month. What are my rights of access ?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcome to Just AnswerI am a Solicitor and will assist you.Please may I ask:- what reasons has the mother given for reducing the time you spend with your daughter?Kind RegardsCaroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She claims the journey is too long for my daughter on a fortnightly basis yet she copes very well as I have a car seat legally fitted in the front passenger seat beside me. My daughter has two brothers and her grand parents who live in the same city as myself and they are disappointed with the reduced access to their sister and grand daughter.
HelloMy apologies for my delay in responding to you.If the mother won't budge on her position then you need to consider making an application to the family courts for a child arrangement order on the basis that the arrangement has been working well and your time with your daughter has been unduly restricted.First step is to refer your case to Family Mediation. You need to google family mediation in the area that your daughter lives with the mother. Then give them a call to self refer.If the mother won't agree to revert to the previous arrangement at mediation or she won't engage then the mediator will sign the form that you need for court.You apply to court on Form C100. Apply to local family court to where your daughter lives with her mother. Court fee is £215.The court will then decide what is in your daughters best interest and make an order confirming the arrangements.Please do not hesitate to ask if I can help you further.Kind RegardsCaroline