12826847

My daughter and her husband agreed to enter a finance agreement

Customer Question

My daughter and her husband agreed to enter a finance agreement with Ballyrobert Vauxhall dealership Bangor Northern Ireland for a 3 yr old Astra. I undertook to go guarantor as their credit rating was not great and they had just bought another Vauxhall from same dealer cash. Under the arrangement they could trade the car in after 3 years and take another at no additional premium or make the payments for 4 years and then hand car back. I enquired from the salesman about me buying the car for cash outright but he assured us that the finance arrangement was more financially advantageous than buying cash. I went to dealership to sign what I understood to be the guarantor paperwork. The finance guy flicked over the first 4 pages saying this was just the usual guff and pointed where I was to sign. All seemed fine until I got correspondence fromBarclays Bank saying they had granted me a loan over 4 years which with interest would amount to over £10,000. Firstly I was not made ware that I was signing for a loan nor was my daughter. The payments were however coming out of her account. However if I settle the loan I incur charges for set up and I am unsure what position that leaves us in in relation to the car. Will it still be owned by the dealership after 4 years??? If my daughter trades it in after 3 it seems I am still liable for the balance of the loan? I really feel totally misled over the whole affair and would never have agreed to taking on a loan. The salesman apologised for any confusion and took responsibility for this but I would like to go back to buying the car outright if I can. I really feel totally misled.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When may I expect a response please?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.Didnt you read the agreement before you signed it at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this is the extent of your response I do not accept it as it is no help whatsoever! I am not in position to speak today so please arrange for refund of my costs!
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
The phone call is an additional service, but we can keep it online.I asked for more information. Didnt you read the agreement before you signed it at all?