29905560

I received a Suspended committal order (order

Customer Question

I received a Suspended committal order for disobedience (order to attend court for questioning) after not attending the court for questioning. I attended court at my next available appointment after which no further action was taken with regard to the committal. My question is, do I now have a criminal record and do I need to declare this when applying for insurance policies etc.?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What specifically are you being asked on the application forms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ben, my main concern is do I have a criminal record as a result of this “suspended committal order”. General questions on home insurance etc. is “have I ever been convicted of any criminal offence”.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
No you do not have a criminal record, this is not a formal conviction, it is just a court order requiring you to do something, which you did and the matter went no further. So if you are asked if you have a criminal record you can say no - this is not a criminal conviction, nor a criminal record. I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Ben for your assistance, your answer was very helpful, has now clarified my position and I now have peace of mind. Thank you.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome all the best