13262538

Just wondering whether the same solicitor who represented

Customer Question

Hello, just wondering whether the same solicitor who represented the testator can also be instructed by the executor(s) of the will to act for them. Would that not be a conflict of interest? For clarification, the testator has now died and the executors want to use the same solicitor.
Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.In fact it is very common for whoever prepared the Will to also deal with administering the Will.There is only a conflict of interest if there is some doubt about the validity of the WillPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much indeed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome