29905560

I work different NHS trusts one Yorkshire ambalance

Customer Question

I work for two different NHS trusts one Yorkshire ambalance the other Leeds teaching hospital both are different rolls both are different contracts I have handed my notice in pending a fact finding investigation with yorkshire ambalance can this affect my other contract with Leeds teaching hospital if they continued with a disciplinary and diside to dismiss me
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked in each job?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have work for Leeds teaching hospital for 4 years and Yorkshire Ambalance for 1 year16 months but with Yorkshire ambalance I haven't never had a contract to sign I rang HR and they said they sent one out but never got it bk
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi did u receive me message
Yes, I am on the move at present so cannot reply in writing until I get back in about an hour or so, if you want to discuss it now you can do so via a phone call - up to you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry I did work for Yorkshire a balance for 16 months I put my notice in with them but I don't know if this could affect my other job witch is at Leeds teaching hospital different contracts
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That's fine I finish work at 6.15 thank u
By the way can I check what the reason for investigation is for?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Could I pls have a phone call after 18.30
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I finish work at 1400 hours and start work for Leeds teaching for 14.30 it take five minutes to get from one work to the other I was also off sick because that job was deppressing me and I was been bullied but I had none of this with my other job
I can call this eve after 7.30 if that suits?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That's fine. Do. U. Need my phone number
Yes you have to accept the phone call proposal and enter your details on there then I will get them securely
Hi I have not heard back from you re: phone call or had your contact details so I presume you do not require a call any longer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry had to go off line did you look at what I sent you
Hi, whilst the Leeds job could be affected by what has happened in the other job, it is not that simple. First of all, you have been there for 4 years which means you are protected against unfair dismissal. This means that to fairly dismiss you your employer has to show that there was a potentially fair reason for dismissal and that a fair dismissal procedure was followed. According to the Employment Rights Act 1996 there are five separate reasons that an employer could use to show that a dismissal was fair: conduct, capability, redundancy, illegality or some other substantial reason (SOSR). The employer will not only need to show that the dismissal was for one of those reasons, but also justify that it was appropriate and reasonable to use in the circumstances. In addition, they need to ensure that a fair dismissal procedure was followed and this would depend on which of the above reasons they used to dismiss. So they cannot just go ahead and dismiss you from that job – there are a number of legal hoops they have to go through to be able to justify that as being fair, which may not be possible in the circumstances as what has happened in the second job does not mean you are unfit to do the Leeds job. Also what you have been alleged to have done is not entirely correct – it is not unlawful to hold 2 jobs, be off sick from one and still attend the other – there are some principles on this which I can discuss further. This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the legal position on being off sick from one job and still working in another, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there I no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you
Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.