12826847

I have bail conditions 'You must not contact directly

Hello, I have bail conditions 'You must not contact directly or indirectly *ex partner* save through *ex partners sister* solely for the purpose of arrange contact with *daughter*.' Today I have changed over direct dd's into my personal bank account from our joint bank account for which I will pay. However I also frozen our joint bank account to prevent the overdraft being maxed out and reduce chances of adverse credit ratings / liability upon myself. I spoke to the police receptionist in person afterwards to ask for advice on how to proceed on providing half of bills such as mortgage and they have informed me I have broken my bail conditions because this would count as indirect contact. I am terrified that I have broken my bail conditions and any concrete advice would be hugely appreciated.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking if you are in breach?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Please don't worry. Police 'receptionists' are just lay people with even less idea than the police.This is nothing even remotely like indirect contact.Indirect contact would be if you phoned up the mortgage company with a message to pass onto her.All you have done is put your affairs in order which is not prohibited.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** is inline with the advice I have had from family members (we are all law laymen's) but I have not been able to get any advice from a solicitor due to timing of events. I think the receptionist at the police station was a bit of a busy body and purposely wanted to stress me out, it certainly worked as it gave me a doubt in my mind concerning the ramifications of breaching bail. This is a good service, with the subscription can I ask more questions of this nature? I dont like things playing on my mind and I am not getting any sleep.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, and also they have no idea. I wouldn't worry about this. You are entitled to put your affairs in order.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great, So the bank lady I spoke to, I have her email address. I feel it would be prudent to email her and formally request that when my partner attends the branch to approve the bank account be frozen that a colleague deals with the request? I am trying to protect myself as much as possible
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No, that is not a good idea.That could be considered making indirect contact.Just don't get the bank to do anything in relation to her.