Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

If a single person dies without a will leaving 2 children,

If a single person dies without a will leaving 2 children, grandchildren and great grandchildren does the estate pass to the children or is it spread between all descendants?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your enquiry.In this instance, the whole Estate would be divided equally between the 2 children.(Only if any of the children die before the person, would the grandchildren receive anything- in this instance the children of the deceased child split equally between them the share their parent would have received had he/she survived the parent)I hope this clarifies the position to you.Kind RegardsAl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many ThanksAlan
You're welcome Alan.If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.Best WishesAl