29905560

I was fired tonight because I have a superiority complex..

I was fired tonight because I have a superiority complex.. also there was a bad review on trip advisor. My employer says the business can't sustain it.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The last 7 months
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
And what are your specific questions about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was good at my job, very efficient trust worthy and loyal. I have a contract of employment. Is it right to just dismiss someone and pay them off with 2 weeks wages in lue off notice..?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
The issue you will face is that if you have been continuously employed at your place of work for less than 2 years then your employment rights will unfortunately be somewhat limited. Most importantly, you will not be protected against unfair dismissal. This means that your employer can dismiss you for more or less any reason, and without following a fair procedure, as long as their decision is not based on discriminatory grounds (i.e. because of gender, race, religion, age, a disability, sexual orientation, etc.) or because you were trying to assert any of your statutory rights (e.g. requesting maternity/paternity leave, etc.). If the dismissal had nothing to do with any of the above exceptions then you would not be able to challenge it and your only protection would be if you were not paid your contractual notice period, because unless you were dismissed for gross misconduct, you would be entitled to receive your contractual notice period. Assuming your contract entitled you to 2 weeks’ notice, the employer has paid you what you are due so there is nothing else you can challenge them for. So it is your service length that lets you down here, they can dismiss you even if you were their best employee and had done nothing wrong, that is the law I’m afraid. I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'