75100385

I am a relatively recent amputee being threatened verbally

I am a relatively recent amputee being threatened verbally & now physically abused by a well known 'bully' in the town I live. Many incidents are on CCTV in my local pub & on my home CCTV when he called round to threaten me. He is known for bullying people who are unable to fight back !! ..
Numerous incidents have ben witnessed by friends & strangers alike. How relevant this 'bully's' friend & drinking associate being a Policeman is, I don't know, but I somehow thinks he feels 'covered by his friendship.
What can I do ?? ..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.I assume you want to stop the harassment? Have you reported it to the Police at all please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - not yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you should. This could be considered as harassment and the Police could warn the person and if they ignore it, take action and prosecute them.Or if you dont want to be contacted by this person you can take civil action for harassment.You would need to complete form N208:http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n208-eng.pdfAnd N16a:http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n016a-eng.pdfThe Court would list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make an order to stop this person contacting you. If the Court does and they breach it, this is contempt of Court which they could be warned, fined or sent to prison.If you want a telephone call that is an additional service, but I can call if you wish.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - do I complete BOTH forms at the same time. Can this be done for me ?? .. The bully is married into the local 'travellers community' known for violence !! .. What sort of protection can I seek or expect ?? ..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes you need to complete both forms. Yes, you can get a Solicitor to do this. If you get the Court you will have protection from the Court so if granted ANY contact, can result in prison potentially.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again - If I obtain a solicitor, in what field should they specialise ?? ..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Its just general civil litigation. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advanceAlex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Finally, can a witness be forced by the court to divulge their knowledge of the bullying ?? ..
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
There can be a witness summons yes.They can be made to attend Court.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Good luck. Alex