13262538

My partner has been reported to social services by the child's school h

Customer Question

My partner has been reported to social services by the child's school for smacking her child on the hand with a slipper following the child's comments at school. As there were no marks on the child's hand social services have not sought to prosecute but her name is ***** ***** a registered list. Does this mean she is restricted from certain jobs? In the recent past she has worked with children with learning disabilities
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat did Social services actually do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Social services stated that no further action would be taken following contact from the school. However my partner's name would be kept on a list (Social services did not explain for how long the name would be kept on 'list'.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
If your partner applies for an Enhanced DRB check to work with children then I am afraid that yes this will show up and may well mean that there will be a problemIt will be best for your partner to be open about it in the event of an interviewPlease ask if you need further detailsClare