12826847

I have a mortgage with an ex partner, how do I start on getting

Customer Question

I have a mortgage with an ex partner, how do I start on getting a court order to sell the property.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage.Are there any children living there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no children living there, I can't remember how much the property is worth but the outstanding balance is £30,767.46.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Have you asked your ex to sell the property and if so why has your ex refused?Please confirm that you were never married to each other?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we were never married, I've not asked, I'm pretty sure she has her brother live there Scott free, the property has fell in to arrears, and I've only just found out the mortgage hasn't been payed in the last 12 month or so, I'm really desperate to get my name off the mortgage.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Best guess on the value of the house?Have the Mortgage Company started possession proceedings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it's around 45k, no they haven't yet.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Given a year of arrears have they said why they have not done so?