75100385

I own a property in Heywood but I live and work in Derby so

Customer Question

I own a property in Heywood but I live and work in Derby so I appointed a letting agent to look after it for me which as fine until Nov 2014 when the tennant stopped paying rent because repairs needed doing but because my son set everything up for their 1st point of contact which wrongly as they had my number was him, and he did what was asked. when I realised that no rent was being paid I contacted the agent asking why the repairs had not been done as it was my understanding that a letting agent did the repairs and then took the money out of the rent or if it was a big job that they would contact me for payment, 12 months later we are in a position that the tennent has moved out and is now claiming £1250 compensation, please help am I responsible and if so what type of solicitor do I need or do I just pay although I think that the letting agent should have dealt with this
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Just to be clear, why is the tenant claiming £1250 compensation if the repairs have been done?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling now. Alex