75100385

We purchased a new car on 19th March and we are unhappy about

We purchased a new car on 19th March and we are unhappy about certain aspects when driving it . If this cannot be resolved by the garage , what are our rights? Can we change our minds about the purchase of the vehicle?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Could you please explain your situation a little more?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the £38.00 in addition to the £34.00 already paid?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Only if you want me to call you, otherwise we can speak online.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes on line please.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Could you please explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The main issue is that the car has an electronic handbrake and is meant to have an anti roll mechanism. This does not seem to be working at all times . There is an element of safety involved which we are unhappy about, and should the garage not be able to resolve this to our satisfaction and peace of mind , what is our position.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Is that the main aspect the handbrake not working? Is it manual or automatic?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car is manual , the handbrake is electronic which is arelatively new device in the UK . The car is a Jeep.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have a Mercedes which has one. But its just the handbrake which is cause for concern?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And the anti roll device which is meant to hold the car for a short time . We are going to discuss it with the garage tomorrow , but we need to know if we the " cooling off period" which applies to other purchases applies to a car.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Did you purchase it at the dealer or online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dealer
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - in that case there is no cooling off period, contrary to popular belief. If you purchase at a distance then you have 14 days from receipt of the goods.However under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 goods must be defective free for 6 months.This means you can demand a repair free of charge. They should fix it and it shouldnt be hard to do so. If not then you would be entitled to reject the car, although they may try and argue you could leave the car parked in first gear to prevent it moving.But under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 goods must be free from defects for 6 months.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Parking the car is not the issue. It is when one is approaching a junction at gradient the only way not to roll back is to ride the clutch which is very unsatisfactory. The anti roll does not seem hold to give the driver time to operate the accelerator.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Indeed. But please see above you have a right to have the car free from defects for 6 months under the consumer rights act 2015.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time and response. Perhaps we will get back to you after seeing the dealer. We note the consumer rights act.
AJones
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sure. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. The question does not close and you can ask further questions. Alex