13262538

I want to have some advice on my current family situation.

Customer Question

hello, I want to have some advice on my current family situation. I have 2 kids, my husband had just walkaway from home for good with all his stuff and not mention where is he going. we had an argument and I did not expect him to leave home suddenly and it has been a terrible shock for me. I would appreciate if I can get some help and support with my situation.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat would you like to know about?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I work and I pay a few bills and I have took a loan on behalf of my husband. He used to look after the kids during so that I can go to work and he worked at night. I would like to know how can I cope with all these responsibilities on my own.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
Do you understand that the site charges more for a phone call?What benefits are you eligible for?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello. Could you send me a reply by email please
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
That is fine.What benefits are you eligible for
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I never claim any benefit I have been working 30 hrs per week but as from 1st of April 2016 my hours will be changed to 24 hrs.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
How much does your husband earn?Who owns the house you live in?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My husband earn £1500 per month
We are living in my parents house.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
Do your parents live with you or do you pay rent?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My parents own the house. My husband contribute 600 pound every month.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
Do your parents live with you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ya my parents live in the same house.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
So your accommodation remains secure.Your husband will have to pay child maintenance at 16% of his GROSS income You will also be able to claim some state benefits - you ca find out which ones using this websitehttp://www.entitledto.co.uk/I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi clare. My husband had a debt of 6000 pound from a personal loan. My mum paid this sum of money for him and that's the money he was giving as 600 pound as installment to her every month. He did contribute towards rent at all and now he still owes 3 months of this money to her. He also made take another loan on my name which I am still paying and I roughly owe 6000 pound. I have a credit card which I used for his expenses I just paid big amount of 1800 pound and I am left with another 1000 pound on it. He gets the children benefit for both children on his account. He just ignored all these payments and walkaway. He sometimes do shopping for the kids basic things but it's not on regular basis. He does not have much expenses even though he earn more than me.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I mean he did not contribute towards rent at all. We were renting a year ago. He used to pay all the bills and rent and my child nursery which were altogether around 2000pound and he now do not want to rent came to live with my parents. His plan was to save some money for a deposit and buy a house but now that he changed his mind I have to keep living with my parents but I will be able to live in their house forever. I need to have a place of my own because I have 2 children aged 2 and 4 years old.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
You will need to apply to have the Child Benefit transferred into your name.You will have to speak to the local Housing Office about finding your own property.Within divorce proceedings you can apply for spouse maintenance to help with the debts
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi clare. My husband has my name together on his bank account /joint. My money does not debit in this account. I went to bank to remove my name today but the bank was unable to do it as it requires his signature too. At the moment I do not have any contact of him. It is impossible for me to find his where about. Is there any alternative for me to remove my name on this account.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
Have you asked the bank to freeze the Account instead?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. I have not ask the bank to freeze the account. His salary is debited in the account and he arrange for direct debit of few bills. I don't know if it's appropriate to do it this way.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
Why do you wish to have your name removed from the account?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to remove my name just in case he remove his money I have to pay his bills as I received a statement of a phone bill payment not received..
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
You cannot take your name off the account without his agreement - but you can freeze the account - then he will have to speak to you to have it released and you can get him to remove your name
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks you. Thats very helpful.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.
You are most welcome