29905560

I need help with a complaint letter to vodafone

Customer Question

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
this is what I have written so farDear Sir or Madame,Fallowing a terrible time during my contract with Vodafone– feel free to track the history of it, I am sure you have records of all the issues I have had - I have been contacting you previously - I have been trying to terminate my relationship with Vodafone since last September. I was aware my contract was expiring soon, so I called to the customer service line to enquire what are the correct steps for me to terminate the contract ahead of time, to also make sure there won’t be any surprising fees. I was advised to call again on 4th October 2015, because that was 30 days before the expiry of my contract, and when I do so I can ‘terminate my relationship with Vodafone’ for good. This is exactly what I did. This should have been the end of it all, but alas.Unfortunately, I kept receiving bills from you and by the start of December, I had accumulated over 250 pounds of a bill and probably over 4-5 hours on the phone with you trying to understand why I still had active account with you. After really long conversations and being transferred over 5 times at one call and having had to explain over 5 times to different people what was going on, I as again promised that if I only do this one last thing this would be ‘the end of my relationship with Vodafone’. I payed the ‘last bill’ – over 250 pounds – a lot of money! – deciding there was no use to argue anymore, and thinking at least this will all be over now.I was mistaken, I received another bill in January for about 60 pounds, and of course immediately called to talk to you because this was completely unacceptable. The customer service representative was very apologetic, promised he will look into my records and call me back. I did not receive a call back. Instead I received a call from a collection agency wanting me to pay now 140 pounds – I happened to receive that call immediately after my mother’s pancreatic carcinoma surgery, so it suffices to say I was really emotional. Due to these personal circumstances, I only managed to fallow up with you on the 12th March 28, 2016 and again in a ridiculously long conversation on the phone it was cleared that all this was result of my account having two devices on it, and for 7 months of countless phone calls and me explaining all of this to endless number of your employees, and very clearly me requesting from the very beginning to ‘terminate any and all relationship with Vodafone’ not one of them thought of mentioning that all the advice they are giving me will only terminate the contract of one of the devices and I will continue to have an active account that will continue to be billed.I was very upset because from where I am standing what is happening is that I try to end my contract, you keep lying to me on the phone and make me pay more and more money. This is not my fault, and if you listen to these conversation, which you always say you record, you will very clearly hear that that is exactly the case. So at that call on the 12th I requested that you do that, pull out those conversations and listen to what your employees have been promising me. I was promised again that I was going to be contacted back with in 3 working days with the results of the listening. Again that didn’t happen, I had to phone you back, and there didn’t seem to be a trace of my request for hearing.So what has been happening is that I have been trying to correctly terminate my relationship with Vodafone, Vodafone has been instructing me how numerous times, and then getting back to me saying I still am engaged with them and that I awe them more money. Vodafone has in their possession evidence that it has indeed been them misleading and lying to me, and when I request that to be outed, my request gets buried down again and Vodafone still insists I awe them money.This is more than outrageous. I have been desperately trying to sort this, I kept coming back to you, you keep lying to me, and you will understand that I can’t once again pay some money thinking this will end because someone on the phone says so, because you keep lying to me.I demand any outstanding bills I may have due to your misconduct be scrapped and I be presented with written confirmation what I don not awe anything to Vodafone and that Vodafone WILL NOT EVER contact me again.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What help specifically do you need with the letter?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
General revision, do you think it works as it is?
Thank you. I have made some changes to the letter, which you can find below: Dear Sir/Madam, I have been trying to terminate my contract with Vodafone since last September. This was prompted by a rather terrible experience with you throughout the duration of my contract. I have contacted you numerous times in the past to discuss these issues so you will have a history of these issues and be able to refer to them if needed. As a brief recap, I was aware my contract was expiring soon, so I called to the customer service line to enquire about the correct steps to terminate the contract in good time. I wanted to ensure this was done correctly to avoid having to pay any unnecessary fees. I was advised to call again on 4th October 2015, that being 30 days before the expiry of my contract, when I would be able to ‘terminate my relationship with Vodafone’ for good. This is exactly what I did and it should have been the end of the matter. Unfortunately, I kept on receiving bills from you. By the beginning of December 2015, I had already accumulated over £250 on a bill with you. I had also spent approximately 4-5 hours on the phone with your customer service agents trying to understand why I still had an active account with you. After some very long conversations (once even being transferred over 5 times and having had to explain over 5 times to different people what was going on), I was again promised that if I only do this one last thing this would be ‘the end of my relationship with Vodafone’. I paid what should have been the last bill (over £250) – deciding there was no use to argue any further, and (wrongly) assuming that at least this will all be over now. Alas, I was mistaken. I received another bill in January 2016 for about £60, and of course immediately contacted you to discuss this as it was completely unacceptable. The customer service representative was very apologetic, promised he will look into my records and call me back. That call never came. Instead, I received a call from a collection agency asking me to pay £140. I happened to receive that call immediately after my mother had undergone some serious surgery, so suffice to say I was very emotional. Due to these personal circumstances, I only managed to follow this matter up on the 12th March 2016. This resulted in another unreasonably long conversation. It did however clarify that all of these issues had occurred because my account had two devices on it. Therefore, over a period of 7 months of countless calls and explanations and following my initial request to ‘terminate any and all relationship with Vodafone’, not once did someone consider that you were only advising me to terminate the contract of one of the devices. I was therefore still left with an active account for the other device which continued to be billed. This is the first part of the letter. I have further corrections for you which I wish to post so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there I no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you
Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have, can I please see the rest of the letter now.
Thank you. Please find enclosed the rest of the letter below:All of this has upset me greatly because all I have tried to do is terminate my contractual relationships with you, have that confirmed by you, yet still continue to be charged when I was under the impression that my contracts had terminated. Please check the recordings of the conversations to satisfy yourselves that what I am saying is what actually happened. In particular please check the conversation I had with your agents on the 12th, when I requested that previous calls are checked and I was promised that this will be done and that I would receive a reply within 3 working days. However, no further contact was made and when I had to chase this up some days later, somehow no record of my request existed.This whole saga has been handled very poorly by your company and has caused me a great deal of upset, during an already difficult time for me personally. I therefore wish to request that any existing bills, which are still there as a result of your incompetence, are written off with immediate effect. I further request that I receive written confirmation by you that I do not owe your company anything, that ALL contracts I have with you have been terminated and that going forward I will not receive any further communications from you.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
that's great, thank you. do you have any additional advice on the matter at all? I will send that now to their head office. In case I don't get a satisfactory response, can I contact you again on this thread - obviously for additional fee ect.
At this stage you should see how this letter is treated by them and hat their reaction is. Do not think too far ahead at this stage, let’s see what they say and if this resolves it. Obviously do not use the handsets with their sim cards for now as you do not want to incur any further charges which you may have to argue over. I would be more than happy to assist with any further queries you may have, please post your new question ‘for Ben Jones’ and it will get to me. Thanks