75100385

I was missold a car and need to know how to get information

I was missold a car and need to know how to get information about previous owners. Can I make an application to the courts?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Dont you have the previous owner registered on the V5 please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes previous owner is Peugeot Contract Hire who asked a rental company to sublease the car for a year In Jan 2013 to Jan 2013. Peugeot are qitholding all previous driver information, inspection info and repair info to date hence making an application to force them to provide relevant paperwork to support my case and get all my money back to date.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok - if they wont tell you then you need to make an application for disclosure to Court. You would need to complete form N244:http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n244-eng.pdfThe Court would list the matter down and decide whether to make them tell you who the owner was.But you can make an application to Court to get this information.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help. Just wondered how likely I it that the information will be provided. are there are any previous case law examples where information has had to be provided that I can use to support my case. The car company are blaming me for the accident but the door problem was actually repaired after 4 months of owning the car, which means to the onus of proving the accident is up tot he car dealer not me. How strong is my evidence of no claims discount of 21 years of no accidents in a court of law?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
That would be strong 21 years! Does that help? Alex