75100385

I have just received a sjpn /70. I have already submitted

I have just received a sjpn for 96/70. I have already submitted a guilty plea online however I am now concerned if I have done the right thing. I am also unsure about timescale. The offence was on 04/10/15 it seems like a long time lapsed to be able to still bring this to court. Should I have pleaded guilty as this now means I am not required to attend. I am very worried about the outcome?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.What was the date of information on the Court summons please?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The letter was issued on 23/03/16
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Sadly it is in time as they have 6 months to prosecute you. Do you have any other points on your licence?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
3 being processed currently for seperate speeding offence in July 15, not yet showing on my licence. I also checked online last night and not showing. Worried if I get 9 points for the current offence. And worried that they will not see the 3 being processed (although I'm sure another speeding offence will not go in my favour).
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Ok - it all goes on date of offence. Clearly if you get 12 points in all you are liable for disqualification under the totting up procedure. For 96 in a 70 zone you are liable to get a fine, 4-6 points OR disqualified for 7-28 days.Therefore you wont get 9 points.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have included mitigating circumstances & additional info such as my need to travel to & from school everyday (with my 10 & 8 year old), to and from work approx 25 miles a day and need to travel as part of my full time job. Will this help at all as disqualification would be detrimental?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
No, that wont make any difference, but you are likely to get points as this is more of a deterrent than a short disqualification.Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
So have I done the right thing by already submitting a guilty plea?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Yes. That will lean more towards the lower end of points as you get a discount for early guilty plea.Does that help? Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
And sorry are you also saying that they will be able to see and be aware of the offence in July?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Only if its been added to your licence at that point. Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
And if I got 9 points for this current offence on top of the 3 in proce
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Correct. But as I have said you are likely to only get 4-6 for the 96mph.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I appreciate that It may be 4-6 points however I would still like to understand worse case. So if I were to get 9 on top of the 3 in process, totalling 12 what would happen along the line?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
You would be disqualified for 6 months, but your licence would be clean after that.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry but feeling very scared so just need to be 100% clear.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Can you see the above?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Right ok, I think though this is why I am so nervous because if they believed they were giving me 9 points (with no other points already on licience) then this in isolation would not lead to disqualification but if they were aware of the 3 would they then consider less points to avoid disqualification?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
The range is 4-6 points OR disqualification. You are likely to get the lower end of points because it acts as a warning as its on your licence for 3 years.Does that clarify? Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes thank you. I feel more informed now.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Great. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. Good luck. Alex
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will do, thank you. Kind Regards.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.
Thanks and enjoy the rest of your day. Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience