75100385

We have just received a without prejudice save as to costs/offer

we have just received a without prejudice save as to costs/offer made pursuant to part 36 of the civil procedure rule we are ok with its offer but the case has been listed for a case management conference on 6 of april if we agree with offer do we need to contact court that case has been settled or still attend many thks bruce
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Bruce my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
If the part 36 offer is accepted the matter Is settled. You should then notify the court who will remove the case management conference from the list.
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can i accept this say on mon 4 just 2 days before i am at liabriary and need to ask more is it okay later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pls come back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok alex i am back on line can i accept settlement by email on monday and then let court no how long do i then have to comply with conditions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not sure what is going on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can somebody contact me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alex i have more questions pls come back thks bruce
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Bruce I was in Court.You can accept it until the offer expires or it is withdraw.Does that help?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi alex how do i accept this offer and how do i notify the court of the settlement thks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write back and accept. Then they should notify the court it has been settled. Or you can do that too. Does that help? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as the case management conference is in my wife name and she is too stressed and unwell to go can i get her to sign a letter and passport copy to have me represent our case as i am the one who has all the infomation as we may not agree with the offer on the table and require more time to accept or revise a counter agreement
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You can't represent her no. But you can accept the offer and then write to the Court (she would have to sign it) and say its been concluded.If she does not agree with the offer then you can make a counter offer and the Court case continues.You can only represent her if she attends Court with you and the Judge gives permission.But you can't formally represent.Can I clarify anything for you about this ?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok if i attend as she is unable and they do not allow me discuss the case conference can i request for case conference to be re listed to allow her to attend thks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Correct. They wont allow you to represent. It can be adjourned to be relisted or the Judge can carry on without your wife.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can my wife put in writing a request the case conference to be put back or does that mean the draft consent order will be confirmed by the judge including its timetable leading up to the trial date as she wishes the case to go forward at present thks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
She would need to make a formal application with evidence to adjourn. If that is refused the judge will timetable the matter to trial. Does that clarify? Alex