How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I'm chasing 3 individual invoices from 247 home rescue

Resolved Question:

Hi, I'm chasing 3 individual invoices from 247 home rescue plumbing company totaling £953. £400 for central heating power flush which was 'done' in less than half hour instead of minimum 3-4 hours and £240 for a 5 year extended guarantee on the new boiler which, I just found out, was already included in the policy of Active Response company who did the work, 247 Home Rescue being the intermediary. 247 Home Rescue is impossible to contact, letters are ignored and telephone messages are taken and then ignored. I need the written proof of payments and the 5 year certificate, all I have is the entries on my bank account.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.They owe you money or you want invoices please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both. As I stated already, they charged me £240 for extended guarantee which was already included in the services of the company who did the boiler installation so the money was taken fraudulently under false pretenses.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.You can also ask the Court to order that they provide you with the invoices you need.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, thank you very much.
I do have another vital question, though.
I didn't have the nerve to act quickly, it all happened at the end of October 2015, would it be too late for me to act now?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No that's fine. You have six years to act. Does that help? Alex
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 years, wow, that's fine, I'll act as soon as possible.
You've been very helpful today, thank you very much, Alex W.
I will definitely rate you the best, ***** *****
Until next time, good bye.