75100385

I hope you can help . We had an orangery built over

Hello , I hope you can help .
We had an orangery built over a year ago by a local company . Cost £23000 , but from the start there were problems . Poor and shoddy workmanship , damage to our sewage pipes , insufficient underfloor ventilation, dangerous electrics , etc. etc. And the list goes on and on The outer bricks had to be completely taken down and rebuilt . There are still problems that need rectifieng .
We are trying to get these problems done but the company want the balance (£5500) first .we have said no , do the work first then we will discuss the balance .
We had suffered a lot to stress , worry , inconvenience, and loss of income during the build and I am still stressed out with it all .
I have bout 100 photos of the shoddy work and over 50 emails with the company .
We have been to the Ombudsmen and Citizens Advice .
Please , WHERE do we go from here ???
Can you help .
You
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.For now please let me know have you had a survey and quotes for putting it right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex , no we have not had a survey or quote done yet .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I would get a survey and quotes for getting the work done, this forms your loss. You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex