ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My husband and I made mirror wills several years ago through

My husband and I made mirror wills several years ago through the will writers JMD associates UK Ltd., as did my son and his wife. My husband died on 19th March and so I wanted to contact them to ask for my husbands will and for mine to be altered to remove his name from my will. We couldn't contact them on the details given and so my son googled the name. It came up with a Daily Mirror article stating that they had gone into liquidation. I contacted the Law Society to try and find out where the wills were now kept. They said that they coudn't help as, unlike solicitors, will writers are not registered and so they had no information about them. I don't know what to do next.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. I am sorry to hear of your loss. What you have been informed by the Law Society is correct. The Law society only regulates solicitors practises and therefore will not be able to assist you. Unregulated practices have no such governing body to report too - which makes you task more difficult. I would suggest the following in respect of your wills: 1) check to see if your wills might have been registered. A good starting point is a company called certainty - wh can be contacted here: https://www.nationalwillregister.co.uk/ 2) see if you can find out who the liquidator of JMD Associates was. Having just searched this for you - I can see that they are: Robson Scott Associates Ltd, 47/49 Duke Street, Darlington, DL3 7SD. http://robsonscottassociates.co.uk/ They may well have retained the companies documents and may be able to help you. I hope that this helps you. Please do not hesitate to ask if I can assist you further. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today