Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

Would a uk will supersede a Spanish will ? Quick bit of

Would a uk will supersede a Spanish will ?
Quick bit of background my farther died a couple of years ago but changed his uk will just before his death, however the subject has come up again and I was reminded that he also had a Spanish will in relation to some property that said something different.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.
The UK Will only supersedes the Spanish Will if it specifically states that it is intended to deal with all your father's assets including those in Spain.If the Will does not specifically state this then it only applies to his UK assets and the Spanish Will remains valid for property in Spain.Best regardsMichael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was this the case back in 2013, as I know there was a change to the law in 2015 ?