29905560

My contract is mon - fri, 35 hours, I get paid annually and

My contract is mon - fri, 35 hours, I get paid annually and not hourly. I was required to drive on a Saturday 5 hrs to one of our Stores, I worked 14 hours both Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. I was given lieu day for Sunday and Monday but not for the Saturday. Can I request a lieu day for the Saturday 5hr drive? and as bank holidays in my contract are given, can I ask for 1.5 days for the 2 Easter days?
Thank you Debbie
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello what does your contract say about working in other locations or driving?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, i am required to travel to other locations, i am picking up a new area of work which hasn't been updated in my contract. I am happy to do so but it does mean i will work the "odd" weekend. if i traveled to Newcastle mon-fri it would be classed as a working day. due to needing to be on site at 08:00 Sunday i had to travel Saturday
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Thank you and normally would you get paid extra for working a bank holiday?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know, I haven't officially worked a bank holiday.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. Your contract requires you to travel to other locations if necessary. As you are paid a salary it would be assumed that this time would be included in your working time, unless it was specified in the contract that you get paid overtime. So it is unlikely that you can get additional pay or day in lieu for that because it is a contractual requirement to travel to other location and as such it would be normal working time for you and as mentioned the law does not guarantee overtime pay unless the contract entitles you to it. As to bank holidays, a bank holiday is not different to a normal working day in law. Some employers may decide to give additional incentives for working a bank holiday such as 1.5 time pay or extra time off etc but that is done at their discretion. So the fact that you have been asked to work a bank holiday does not automatically entitle you to any additional pay or benefits. This would only be the case if your contract said that was going to happen. In your case it does not appear to be the case unfortunately so you are unlikely to be able to claim that either. I'm sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you were hoping for, however I do have a duty to be honest and explain the law as it actually stands. This does mean delivering bad news from time to time. I hope you understand and would be happy to provide any further clarification if needed. If you are still satisfied with the level of service you have received I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.