13262538

I got cut off - i just asked my question and expressed willingness

Customer Question

I got cut off - i just asked my question and expressed willingness to pay for an answer. Let me know if that did not materialise.
Cheers
Robin Thompson
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears my question got lost in the ether. I will repeat it. I am dealing with the aftermath of the death of my wife Sybil, aged 87. Form Pa1 questions B4 & B5 are causing me difficulties. I know she had an elder sister who died childless recently aged 90. I know that way back in 1953 she had two much older half brothers, but I don't know whether they are still alive (unlikely). i know not whether they had any children and if so whether they are alive. How am I supposed to fill this form in - or am I supposed to go to "ancestry" or such and research it - that seems unreasonable? I note that the solicitor's version of this form asks for less detail. Thanks for your help.Customer
Robin Thompson
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDo you mean question 5?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I did not realise that you were answering the question. It is the Probate application form PA1. The relevant questions are B4 a, b, c. Thus my wife Sybil had one blood sister who died, childless, in September aged 90. She had 2 much elder blood brothers (same father) with whom she had lost contact in 1953. Are they dead? Did they have any children and if so are they alive? I don't know the answers to these questions and don't know how to find them. How far am I expected to go to do so? This must be a common problem. Thanks for your help. RT
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
It is perfectly acceptable to simply assume that the brothers predeceased her and to put ) for the children question.It is of little relevance given that you are a surviving spouse and there is a Will - but you are only expected to answer from your knowledge!I hope that this is of assistance Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks of your help. Sorry I think there is a typo - what does "to put ) for the children question? Does that mean "to put a question mark (?) "?RT
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies - I am not the best of typists.That should be 0!