12826847

We purchased a Bosch dishwasher from Curry's in February (so

Customer Question

We purchased a Bosch dishwasher from Curry's in February (so it's less than 2 months old) and it has developed two faults. Both Bosch and Curry's say they they will only send someone to fix the problems if I pay for parts and labour because it was purchased and is used by a company rather than an individual consumer. Surely as a business we still have rights when it comes to faulty goods?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is it being used in the course of a business?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but only gets used once a day.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Is it not designed for commercial use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it's a domestic dishwasher.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
The fact that you are business doesn’t mean they don’t have the same liability to you as to anybody else. A business can be a consumer and certainly has rights under the SGA and the new consumer regulations act. However, they could try to argue here that you are putting the washing machine to a different purpose than the one intended. If it is only being used once a day then that is unlikely to succeed unless you are washing something particularly destructive to the machine. Overall though you would seem to have a fairly good case. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having spoken to both Bosch and Curry's who both refuse to repair or replace the machine unless we pay for repairs. I don't know how to pursue this and which one of them should I pursue? The dishwasher is mainly used to clean cups, saucers and a few plates once a day when we have a full load.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They are not the sellers usually. Your sale of goods act rights run against the seller not the manufacturer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please quote me the section of the Sales of Goods Act that I can use to write to Curry's to complain? Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Are Currys the sellers? I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, Curry's are the sellers. Happy to rate you at the end of our conversation.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I have submitted an offer.