75100385

We have an Insurance Claim on a rented out property that was

We have an Insurance Claim on a rented out property that was flooded with sewage back last year. The Builder provided a quote for the Insurance Company which was agreed but now his Final Invoice has VAT added and the Insurance Company are refusing to pay because the amount if a lot higher than originally quoted. Should the VAT have been quoted on the original Quote?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Did the original quote say it was subject to VAT please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it didn't.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it didn't
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
OK - then he can NOT charge this as an extra. The quote forms a contract and is an agreed price. It must include everything and therefore you are NOT liable for any additional charges.He can not change the quote, which in effect is what he is doing. If it was exclusive of VAT it should have said so - it did not. He can not therefore make this an extraCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help. If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. Thanks and have a great weekend.