13262538

I have been left a property in my brother's Will In order to help a niece with dif

I have been left a property in my brother's Will
In order to help a niece with difficulties in finance, it has been suggested it might be possible for my brother to sell this property now,and for myself to be compensated by means of a deed of variation on his death.
But it seems to me that once the property is sold, it is gone. I note the sentence in your information that there is no reciprocation, and that hence I could not be compensated on my brother's death once the property is sold now. Would this be a correct assumption please ?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.You are correct - once the property is gone it is gone.The only other option is for your brother to leave you a set sum of money in his Will from the balanceof his Estate.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare