Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I am being made redundant in three months as a Sheltered housing

Customer Question

I am being made redundant in three months as a Sheltered housing scheme manager. I currently reside in a housing association property, who i work for, on a service occupancy agreement, as my contract states i must live on site. i am not being replaced, therefore the flat i occupy will have to be filled by a tenant. i have asked if my husband and i could take up the tenancy as we meet the eligibility criteria, my husband has multiple health issues and i have health issues. My employer has advised that we cannot take up the tenancy as this has happened in the past and caused problems, however, that was when staff retired, i am being made redundant so will be seeking alternative employment. I have approached the local authority and they would not have a issue with us being given the tenancy for my flat. However my employer will not change their mind. I wonder if this would be classed as discrimination or if there are any breach to Human Rights?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How long had you worked there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
14 years.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nicola
Thank you for responding. Yes, i am happy to wait for you to find a suitable professional to answer my question. Look forward to hearing from you again.Many Thanks
Angela
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HelloPlease return the deposit to the original funding source.Thank you for trying.Angela