12826847

Backround: While arranging phone contract to be

Customer Question

Backround:
While arranging for my phone contract to be canceled over the phone myself and the individual over the phone stated that in order to pay of the rest of my contract I would have to pay £160.63 (which we both happy with). However the company then sent through a bill for £260.63.
after querying/challenge this they stated the extra £100 was for a early cancellation fee which I was not informed about and did not line up with the original £160.63 . Whilst querying this myself and a duty manager at the company came to an arrangement that my account wouldn't be charged on the 1/4/16 until the matter had been taken up with their complaints section and sorted out (which I was told could take up to 14 days). however they have charged me and money has been taken out of my account.
So my question is do I have a leg to stand on really over this £100? I had no problem paying the £160.63 just the extra £100 was a jump out of the box.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Does the contract permit them to levy a cancellation fee please?Alex