Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I am an it contractor with my own limited company. My company

Customer Question

I am an it contractor with my own limited company. My company is contracted to supply services to company A who provide it services to company B at company B's site. A member of company A allocated me as a resource off site without informing the appropriate people at either company A or company B. I informed members of both company A and company B.
Am I in breach of my NDA with company A?
My company was hired to provide services on a project at company B
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If this is the case would I be personally liable or would it be my company.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Who signed the NDA? Is the fact that you are working off site actually confidential information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i signed the NDA. The issue is that the chap from company B was organising business outside of the relationship between A and B with a third party using me as a resource. Company B say that I should have left this with them to deal with it and now this may have damaged the relationship between the two companies.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. If it has damaged the relationship that is another issue, but I do not believe your actions amount to a breach of confidence. The person that allocated you off site, is this someone that you were authorised to take instructions from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I do not report to him. He has no direct authority over me.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you. I do not think your actions constitute a breach of confidentiality. What wording in your NDA have you actually been highlighted as breaching if any? - if the fact that you were allocated offsite is non confidential then you cannot be in breach of the NDA. Is the location of your work actually a confidential matter? Kind regards AJ