Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

If I buy another property in addition to the one I own, move

If I buy another property in addition to the one I own, move into it and make it my principal place of residence, but then rent out the property I have moved from, will I have to pay the new 3% Stamp Duty surcharge? If so, on which property?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. You will be subjrct to the 3℅ stamp duty unless you sell the current property within 18 months of the new purchase. The stamp duty will be on the new purchase.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you