29905560

Can I cancel the purchase of a new car? I agreed to the

Can I cancel the purchase of a new car? I agreed to the purchase on Thursday 24th March and was told the car was in Luton and it would take one week to be delivered. The contract said I was pay a deposit, which i did and that the balance should be paid 48 hours prior to delivery.
The garage manager phoned me on Thursday 31st March to ask me to pay the balance but couldn't tell me where my car was or how long it would take to reach them! He suggested if i didn't pay there and then, new prices would come into force the next day (1st April). I therefore paid the balance immediately. I am now told that the car is on its way from Belgium and that I might have it by April 15th!
I am very unhappy with this state of affairs and, had I known the true waiting time, I would not have made the purchase
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello was the delivery date mentioned in the contract?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was stated that I should pay the balance 48 hours before delivery of the car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No speciifc date was mentioned in the written contract, only that I should pay the balance 48 hours before delivery. However, the manager had phoned his admin team and stated that the car was in Luton and would delivered within the week (i.e. by Thursday 31st March). the reason for it being a week was to take account of the Easter holiday.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Nice speaking to you just now and all the best