12826847

I work nursing agency who get work through the nhs.

Customer Question

Hi, I work for a nursing agency who get work through the nhs. On our time sheets we write down hours of work from start to finish time. Then enter break and total hours less break. If you write half an hour or no break they are still taking an hour off but it's been authorised and signed by a nurse in charge to say you took for example half hour. When confronted they say nhs deducts and hour from what they pay them. When asking a some staff from nhs they say nhs pays what's been signed for. How can I obtain help in this matter?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What does your contract say about payment for breaks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
timesheet is to be accurate and the members copy should be retained for your own records and to assist with any queries. Breaks taken during each period of work should be documented on each timesheet. Timesheets will be sent to you on a monthly/weekly basis with your pay advice and can be obtained from the office during opening hours.This is all it says. My fear is there charging nhs and keeping the hour or half hour per person to themselves. Which indeed is fraudulent. Same as it states in t&cs you can refuse shift offered,however if staff refuse a shift they charge them 20 pounds.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Have you actually seen what agreement there is between them and the NHS and if it deals with this issue?