75100385

All my email on my account has been deleted by my husband,

All my email on my account has been deleted by my husband, who is living with another woman). Is there any legal recourse to him doing this?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. Did he hack into your account to do this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have our own email server dunbar.com and I have an account on it and he is the administrator of the email.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. This then could be an offence under the Misuse of Computers Act 1990. He did not have permission to access your email and as such this could be an offence.You can report this to the Police who can investigate the matter and prosecute if necessary.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could is a nebulous word, please clarify is this an offence or not. Is my email mail considered private property under the Computer miss use act of 1990?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It would appear to be an offence based on what you have said.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It "would appear" again another legal ease wording that does not give me a "yes" or "no" answer. Is email considered personal property under the Computer Miss Use Act of 1990? I had correspondence dating back for years from since deceased relatives and friends. To me this as if someone came into my home and took a shoe box full of memories and threw them away. It appears this act should be updated considering not many except for academics and research scientist were using email at the time this act was established in 1990.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Email is your property and cant be hacked.Does that clarify, but clearly it is based on what you have told me.Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was not hacked he has administrator rights on the server, but they are not his emails, they are mine.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
They are YOUR emails. You can report this as an offence.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As much as I can expect at this time.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I hope you have a great weekend. If I could ask you to rate my service before you go, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. Good luck with this. Alex