75100385

I live and work in France but my perants took and cashed a uk cheque as the clients

Customer Question

I live and work in France but my perants took and cashed a uk cheque for me as the clients didn't have a euro account since that point the job has gone into dispute and the clients have targeted my perants for the money back which was 2879 pounds out of s job worth 39000€ of which 29000 has been paid and 34000 work has been done
My perants have had a solicitors letter demanding the money back even though it was my perants transfered dircetly to my account in France
Can you advise me
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Was the cheque made out to your parents please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it was and the money was transferred to me on the day it cleared
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Was there a written contract between you and the customer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and signed by both parties
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What does that say about payment, if anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing really it just say part payments as required but the main issue is they are trying to get money from my 70 year old perants which is stressing them and also I don't know if this matters but two men turned up demanding money one which was one of my clients
I offered them money in euros to get them away from my perants but they would not accept it which I find strange
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Then they cant get it from parents. Your parents can write back saying there is no contract between them and the client, they were only acting as agents.There is a formal written contract between you and the customer, nothing to do with your parents. If the Solicitor issues a claim they just lodge a defence saying there is no contract and therefore no legal claim.The contract is written and between you and your customer, not parents.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great if I pay you can you write on my / there. Behalf ??? If not thanks for your help and quick response
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Sadly I cant be instructed, its against site rules. Can I help with anything else today? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very muchHave a nice finish to the weekendKind regardsSteve
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Steve, if I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. Thanks and have a great weekend. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I rate it ?? You have been great
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You should be able to click on the stars - that rates me. If you are having problems please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex I have rated you 5 star but I do g have a lot of money to tip butI hope a big thanks will helpKind regardsSteve
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
No problem, all the best Steve.