75100385

My wife bought a house 2 1/2 years ago covered by an NHBC warrranty,

Customer Question

My wife bought a house 2 1/2 years ago covered by an NHBC warrranty, which commenced in 2009.
The windows have begun to seriously decay (wet rot) and appear to have been constructed with untreated softwood or poorly treated softwood, which are not fit for purpose. We will soon have an experts report indicating this.
The NHBC are denying cover on the basis that windows are excluded.
Do we have any right to redress?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.Have you seen the policy where it says these are excluded?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not the full policy. I was hoping you might have experience of NHBC's Buldmark policies and the framework within which they operate.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
This is a matter of contract law, unless I have the policy I cant say.In short if the policy allows them to exclude then you can't claim on that. If however the policy is silent, then you CAN claim.Does that clarify?ALex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Or I should have said, can I clarify anything about this for you?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.If you don't rate then the site does not pay me for the time I have spent answering your question.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/