75100385

I am a landlord.A tenant has not paid rent 8 weeks.

Customer Question

I am a landlord.
A tenant has not paid rent for over 8 weeks. I have served him with a 14 day warning. What should I do now?
Kindest Regards
Patrick *******
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. Has any reason been given for non payment please? Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. In that case you can terminate only if its a fundamental breach of contract. If it is you can end it without notice BUT you need to act quick, because the longer you leave it from beach until moving the harder it is to claim fundamental breach because a Court may consider you have accepted it.As such you can move out but it needs to be asap and claim a refund of the deposit.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/