13262538

My mum has decided to enter a residential home elderly.

My mum has decided to enter a residential home for the elderly. She has few savings but has a flat to sell to fund her care. Is there a scheme whereby she can be funded in the home before her flat is sold, with the promise of paying back the money when the sale is settled please?
Thanks,
Jenny
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.Your mother's Local Authority will fund the care until the house is sold if they assess her as needing help with her personal care.You need to contact her local Social Care department.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare