12826847

I had moved out of my ex-girlfriends house, but still had some

I had moved out of my ex-girlfriends house, but still had some valuable musical and electronic equipment stored there. I have been trying for some while to make arrangements to remove it, but she always claimed to be too busy and then stopped replying to my messages completely. Yesterday I discovered that she had completely destroyed my equipment and thrown it out. She videoed this to show others. She also looked through all of my personal papers and shared them with others. Furthermore, she then started contacting random contacts from my personal papers, in order to make false allegations about me. Is there anything I can do about this?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What type of false allegations?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically, that I am serial cheater, with apparently up to 15 children. None of which is remotely true.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
To whom has she said this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the moment, I have been contacted by a long standing friend of over 30 years, who lives over 300 miles away. It seems that she found her name in my personal papers and then tracked her down using Facebook.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. What is it that you want to achieve? Or you trying to stop her or trying to recover compensation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As it was my personal property which was destroyed, I am seeking some sort of financial compensation from her to enable its replacement.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
You can certainly do that. If she has destroyed your property then you have a claim for the actual value of the property. If it is under £10k then that is a small claims court sum which is cheap and easy to recover. I would send her a letter before action before actually suing her though asking for compensatio.She may try arguing that she gave you a reasonable period of time to collect but if she did not then you need to make that point and be in a position to prove it if necessary.There shouldn't be any problem with recovering the value of your property.Can I clarify anything for you?Jo