12826847

I have the benefit or a commercial lease that expires in 2022

Customer Question

I have the benefit or a commercial lease that expires in 2022 it is within 54 act .
I sublet on leases which are outside the act .
Back in AUGUST of last year a quarry face on some adjoining land collapsed onto my demise which restricts its use , the quarry face is owned by my landlord is owned by my landlord , in an effort to secure matters I instructed several firms to carryout works to protect buildings and personnel from further rock fall this cost to date in the order of £6000,00 I have asked the landlord when I can expect to be repaid and although it is accepted that I should be repaid they claim that they are making enquiries about selling and if they sell to me this could be reflected in the price , but have no effort to deal with the existing problem.
My tenants have shown patiance with the restrictions caused but have now reduced the rental they pay to me to reflect the extra costs they having , hire of containers and the like which has reduced my take per quarter by a further £6000ish .
There is the usual Claus of no offset against rents is in both my lease and my tenants .
Can I because of the curcumstances reduce my rent to cover the above costs .
I look forward to hearing from .
John Marshall 07778 210266
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What is your clause, if any out reducing or offsetting rent with your Landlord please?