75100385

I have no previous convictions but was stopped by police under

I have no previous convictions but was stopped by police under the drugs act and found with an axe in my car. I gave a no comment interview at the station due to being distressed by the whole experience of being detained overnight. i would like to know what are good mitigating circumstances if I plead guilty to possession of a sharp object in a public place as I had no intention of using the item for any criminal offenses. I was simply transporting the item back home where I was stopped a few minutes away from my residence. The item was used a few days ago to break old furniture at a friend's house which he needed to dispose of as he was moving house permanently.
Thank you in advance. Regards
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.What was the reason you had it in your car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had used it a few days ago to help my friend break down some old furniture as he was moving out of his flat. After this was completed i had forgotten to remove it from the car as it was in a rucksack in the backseat of my vehicle.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
So it wasnt on view? Did you tell then you had forgotten it was there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was not in view as it was wrapped up in my rucksack in the backseat. i did tell them i had forgotten it was there but they still detained me overnight as it was possession of a sharp object in a public place and i think they were neighbourhood support team so they used preventative measures eventhough there was no evidence of me intending to use the item.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
They may give you a caution in relation to this if you have no previous.The guidelines say that starting point is high level community order with the range being fine to 12 weeks custody. If it does to Court and you plead guilty then you also get 1/3rd discount.Its likely you would get a Community Order.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks for the information. What are good mitigating circumstances for such an offense if I decide to plead guilty that would minimize the fine or length of community order?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am involved with voluntary community work for the local authorities to urge young people to report hate crimes based on race religion, background and bullying at school. Would such information help my case if represented by a solicitor in court?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I think you would get a Community Order. it would be for 12 months and you have to work with Probation.I would get represented yes.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes many thanks Alex. Regards
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Great. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn't credit me for the time spent its you. Thanks in advance. Alex