75100385

The law firm BWBS which I have been working with immigration

Customer Question

The law firm BWBS which I have been working with for my immigration dispute with home office have been overbilling me. When I asked for brake downs,they failed to produce the brake down for 20 days and tried forcing me to pay outstanding balance to take more works for my PAP letter and barristers opinion; despite me offering them the new work totals in advance and discuss the outstanding once the process begin,they refused and they refused to return my papers. My judicial review deadline is only 16 days away and it takes 14 days for home office to respond. I requested my papers to take to another firm to start process,however they refused based on retainer clause,but I never signed a retianer with them but only received over email. Do they have the right to hold my papers without retainer?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. Did they provide costs estimate? Have they provided breakdowns of bills?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they have done today after saying they wont represent me due to my complaint about my current solicitor and requested another solicitor to be assigned my case they emailed me saying we cant work together anymore since the trust is broken and I should pay them to take my documents. What I would like to know is do they have the right to hold my papers without a retainer? I would like to know the necessary law regarding retainers and the law firms right to hold my papers without retainer and notice, at a time where I am literally 16 days away from losing all my judicial review or human rights applciation rights.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is *****
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When would be good to call?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
11.30?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I just called and it went to voicemail. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just received another call same time. I just got off the phone
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Calling again. Alex