75100385

I was subject to a scam last December and was asked to transfer

I was subject to a scam last December and was asked to transfer money to an account (I was fooled into thinking that the police were involved). I transferred the money but managed to get the funds frozen before the bulk was withdrawn (350.00 was taken with the balance of 9,100.00 being frozen in a Lloyds/TSB account). I have been unable to recover this sum although I have been in constant contact with my own bank (Barclays) in an effort to recover the funds. They have now returned approx. 2,400 saying that is all the cash available. The police have been involved from the day of the crime and were witness to the transfer process at the bank. How do I stand and should I be able to recover the remaining funds without further stress. Thanks for your help
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Why did they only recover £2400?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On that I have no idea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There were several scams of a similar nature in the area at that time. I was assured by the bank manager at TSB/Lloyds that the bulk of the funds had been frozen so no further withdrawals could be made by the recipient. I started the recovery process immediately was to wait 20 working days for it to take effect. After this period of time I was informed , via my own bank, that there were no funds in the account( according to Lloyds)!! Apparently the monies had been transferred to a bank holding account.. although they hadn't told the bank fraud authorities. I then started the process again...waited 20 working days then the 2400 appeared as retrieved funds in my account. My own bank is powerless in assisting me further...what now?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. How much have you lost please? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex, Total amount amount 9450.00 of which approx. 350.00 was withdrawn before the transaction could be stopped. Approx 2400 was returned to my account last week. Paul
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
What is it you want to achieve and from whom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
recovery of the remaining funds from Lloyds Bank...
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any idea who or which faction in Lloyds I should write to? have no Lloyds here only the TSB. Thanks for the help. I will prepare the paperwork today.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You sue Lloyds Bank:LLOYDS BANK PLC25 GRESHAM STREET LONDON EC2V 7HN Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Think that's all. Thanks
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Great. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you. Good luck. Alex
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience