75100385

We have had a licence to run and maintain a golf course on

We have had a licence to run and maintain a golf course on Common Land for 100 years. Contained in that licence are the words that the GC have the right to do all that is required to efficiently maintain the course but 'as far as practical,not exclude sheep.'
Our licence is currently being renewed for the next twenty one years and we have been asked to remove the words 'as far as practical' on the basis that any temporary restriction to grazing to repair the turf etc., would impact upon the single payments recieved by people with common land rights over the land that we own.
Our question is would such a temporay reduction in the area available to graze in order to make repairs actually effect the SPS? Surely a vital component in the SPS is the condition of the land? We feel any repairs we have carry out would infact enhance the SPS
Many many thanks Howard Rigby
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Howard my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.I do not quite understand, what is an SPS?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Alex SPS is Single Payment Subsidy which has now been superseded in 2015 by the Basic Payment and Support Scheme. These schemes are to subsidize sheep farming via the EU.
Howard
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Howard. It may affect it. The government document is here:https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/406452/BPS_Handbook_-_final_v1.0.pdfIt would appear you can claim it if the size is above 0.01 hectaresCan I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex