75100385

I have recently undertaken care of a small dog sick

I have recently undertaken care of a small dog for my sick friend. I am an owner of a leasehold apartment. Today I was told I am not allowed to keep any pet under leasehold rules. I don't remember signing anything like that. What can I do?
Maria
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello Maria my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.For now please let me know whether you know its in your lease or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the owner but the flat is a leasehold.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
I understand. But have you seen whether it is in your lease as a term?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do pay a ground rent. I'm a lesee
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes I understand that. But in your lease agreement, does it say you cant have pets?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It apparently says so. I was told today but don't remember signing it. But they would not lie to me, I suppose. Just don't remember signing it 2 years ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You need to ask for a copy of the agreement, all the terms and conditions will be in there. If that has a term saying that you can not have pets, then sadly you cant.The only way of getting over that would be to challenge the term as being unfair in Court. If the agreement does not say that or is silent on the point, then you can.But you need the agreement to find out. Ask for a copy, they cant keep it from you. But make sure its a copy of the one you signed.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So it means that if I have signed it and they can prove it I cannot keep any pet. What if they cannot prove that I have signed it? Can they enforce the rules?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean, without my signature?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If its not been signed then no - they cant enforce it.Does that clarify?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does. Thank you.
Maria
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site doesnt credit me for the time spent with you. Good luck Maria.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, how do I do it?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You have done it - thanks!