75100385

We are using a building company that is a limited company for

We are using a building company that is a limited company for a flat conversion project .
The project is near completion but we have found out the company has not been paying its suppliers for goods and services.
Are we as the property owners in any way liable for the debts run up with suppliers and tradesmen ? And can these suppliers threaten to remove equipment if not paid by the company even though we have paid the building company ?
Dal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our architect and project manager has confirmed we have paid for the said services and equipment through his valuations during the project.
We need to know what our liabilities are as private individuals who have instructed this ltd building company for our project .
We I say our we are friends who had empty office space on a second floor premises above our workplace which is on the first floor.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.No.Unless you have given personal guarantees to any supplier then you are not liable for any debts of non payment by the building company.Can I clarify anything for you about this today Dal?Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
Thank u for the answer , however can you clarify whether the suppliers can remove equipment from the flats.
Also what should we do if we are threatened with such action from suppliers / other companies which have fitted equipment?Regards
Dal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
As per previous question what should I do if tradesmen threaten to remove equipment they have not been pain for by the builder ?Kind regards
Dal
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for the overnight delay. You can refuse access and indeed they would need a Court order to enter and remove anything,But no, you re not liable.Can I clarify anything for you about this?Alex
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex
Thank you for your response , what do we tell the suppliers who are threatening to remove equipment?Regards
Dal
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You tell them they need a Court order to remove it. No Court order means they cant. In any event you are not liable.Does that help?Alex