13262538

If a beneficiary dies before a settlor who receives the estate?

Customer Question

If a beneficiary dies before a settlor who receives the estate? what legislation do I need to refer to. I am a student
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhich part of the Uk are you dealing with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not specified in the question unfortunately
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not Scotland though!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The question basically asks who inherits when the beneficiary predeceased the settlor. It mentions there are brothers and their children it also asks whether the forfeiture rule would apply to her nephew who has committed manslaughter due to loss of control. His father was the victim
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
You will find this article helpfulhttp://www.tanfieldchambers.co.uk/resources/articles/gareth-jones---wills---pre-decease-of-beneficiaryClare