12826847

We purchased a recliner chair with other sofas at dfs may 2013

Customer Question

We purchased a recliner chair with other sofas at dfs may 2013 in leather. Within a few months the leather on the arm of the chair started to fade ..called the company and they sent some one to see to it .ido have a extended 5year insurance. They came to see to the job they did what they had to do .but it was never the same having them back again and again. This time at the end of February dfs came again and now told me it's the sweat that has caused this problem .the only person that uses this chair is mu husband.the last time the insurance who are dealing with the same thing the person who came to see the chair again and again.said to me he thinks when this chair was dyed first it was not done properly. The 2 seater and 3 sweaters are all ok at the moment. These Sofas cost us nearly £5.000 is there anything I can do
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Do you have the benefit of a 5 year insurance policy in respect of this sofa and, if so, are they saying there is an exclusion on the basis of sweat?